- Discover hidden toxins in your body with Dr. Hull's hair mineral analysis service.
The next time you feel ill, if you have a chronic disease, or if you are in the hospital, build on your strengths, not your weaknesses. This is easier said then done, I know, but your attitude is an important part of healing.
I am a firm believer in the mind-body connection, and a positive attitude and a belief in better days can help strengthen your immune system. And removing the toxins at the root of your illness is a critical step that allows your body the freedom to heal.
Your immune system is a collection of natural processes designed to protect your body against disease. It detects a wide variety of ailments, from viruses to parasites, and has the miraculous ability to distinguish toxins from the body's healthy cells and tissues.
The human immune system consists of many types of proteins, cells, organs, and tissues, and these interact in a very sophisticated and dynamic way. Over time, human beings have adapted to recognize specific pathogens more efficiently, and your body "brands" most pharmaceuticals and man-made food additives, such as aspartame, as toxic. These foreign chemicals only add to your body's stress at a time when your immune system is working hard to fight illness or disease.
Consider aspartame as a good example. The FDA recognizes over 92 different side effects associated with aspartame consumption. Aspartame circulates throughout your body and deposits within your tissues and organs. So when you are ill, you must avoid ALL diet sweeteners and give your physical weaknesses a reprieve.
Some common reactions to aspartame are:
- Eye: pain in one or both eyes;
- Ear: tinnitus - ringing or buzzing sound; severe intolerance to noise;
- Neurologic: epileptic seizures; headaches, migraines (some severe); dizziness; severe drowsiness and sleepiness; numbness of the limbs; slurring of speech; restless legs; atypical facial pain; tremors;
- Chest: palpitations; tachycardia; shortness of breath; acute high blood pressure;
- Gastrointestinal: nausea; diarrhea, blood in stools; abdominal pain; pain when swallowing.
Play it safe when you are ill - avoid diet sweeteners to steer clear of adding stress and more health symptoms to your already compromised situation.
Here's a tip if you are in the hospital: have your doctor add to your medical chart that you, your child or your elderly parent are allergic to aspartame and all the diet, chemical sweeteners. This will secure that these toxic chemicals are not added to your meals, colas or snacks while in the hospital. If you or a family member is diabetic, bring your own stevia or natural sweetener of choice to add to your meals.
Build your strengths the next time you are ill, if diagnosed with a chronic disease, or if you are in the hospital. It's better to be safe than sorry at a time when your body is frail.
Posted November 2010 | Permanent Link
Visit Dr. Hull's Websites & Online Programs
Other Articles In This Category
Online Hair Analysis Testing
Dr. Hull's Message Board
- Have something to say? Post a comment or discuss articles on Dr. Janet Starr Hull's Free Alternative Health Forum!