- Discover hidden toxins in your body with Dr. Hull's hair mineral analysis service.
July's Healthy Recipe is great to serve for a "volcano party", and is a salad replete with digestive enzymes for those ambient toxins.
Creamy Asian Slaw
10 oz cooking cream (cream cheese)
¼ cup Asian toasted sesame dressing*
12 oz broccoli slaw
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup slivered almonds
1. Combine cooking creme and dressing in a large bowl;
2. Add remaining ingredients;
3. Toss to coat;
4. Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour;
5. Stir before serving.
Serves:16; about 1/2 cup each
Prep Time:15 minutes + refrigeration
Substitute if near Mt. Etna, Italy: for an Italian twist, prepare as directed, adding Italian herbs and spices to the cooking creme, and Tuscan Italian dressing (oil and vinegar).
Recipes found on: Cook Philly.com
* Katie's Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2-3 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs sesame oil (optional) plus extra virgin olive oil to make 1/2 cup
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted**
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp ginger
1. Whisk apple cider vinegar, olive oil, optional sesame oil and soy sauce.
2. Whiz the garlic and toasted sesame seeds in a mini-food processor until garlic is in small pieces.
3. Combine and enjoy!
*To toast sesame seeds, put them on a dry cookie sheet in the toaster oven and toast on light once or twice until lightly browned and aromatic. No toaster oven? You could certainly use a regular oven on low heat - just watch the closely every few minutes to make sure they don't burn. I'm thinking you could also put them in a hot, dry pan and stir constantly until browned, but I haven't tried that myself.
Store in the fridge (I think?) and try to remember to take it out a half hour before dinner, because the olive oil will solidify when cold.
From "Kitchen Stewardship"
Posted July 2012 | Permanent Link
Visit Dr. Hull's Websites & Online Programs
Other Articles In This Category
Online Hair Analysis Testing
Dr. Hull's Message Board
- Have something to say? Post a comment or discuss articles on Dr. Janet Starr Hull's Free Alternative Health Forum!