- Discover hidden toxins in your body with Dr. Hull's hair mineral analysis service.
Your immune system does much more than help you recover from a cold or the flu. It is an awesome network that involves defender cells, lymph nodes, and bone marrow. It is a warning system, garbage collection-clean up service, an antibody manufacturing plant, and a delivery and information network.
This system has the miraculous ability to locate and destroy all substances that are not a part of your human body. The number of "anti-nutrients", which are food chemicals that antagonize the nutrients in our bodies, has increased dramatically over the past 50 years. As human beings eat more nutrient-poor, GE and GMO foods, refined foods, and diet sweeteners, the nutrients needed for proper immunity become less available. Many chemical food additives deplete these necessary nutrients. When we come into contact with mutated viruses and bacteria, such as the E.coli strain 0104, and radiation, a healthy immune system can properly do its job defending your state of health.
Your immune system will function its best when you remove or minimize any factors that are harmful, and utilize those that are beneficial. This is not complicated or expensive. It is based on common sense, moderation, and balance.
Basically, eat organic and natural foods, mostly raw when possible, drink purified water all day every day, and avoid ALL man-made food chemicals, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and GE foods.
Man-made food chemicals, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and GMO foods influence nutritional deficiencies, which make it easier for bacteria and viruses to invade. Once bacteria or viruses get established inside of the body, a depressed immune system increases susceptibility to secondary infections, and this slows health recovery. Eating real foods - all natural foods - and taking the proper vitamin and mineral supplements can boost immunity and build resistance to invaders.
The more processed our food gets with synthetic chemicals, the more advanced, adverse reactions we have, and the sicker we get, the more drugs and antibiotics we need. The more antibiotics we use, we more food allergies and IBS we experience. When the number of acidophilus and bifidus bacteria becomes too low due to antibiotic overuse and foods that are genetically engineered to include antibiotics, we develop even more food intolerances.
Here are some suggestions on how to support your immune system:
- Avoid ALL GM, GE and GMO foods;
- Reduce your intake of refined sugar and fat;
- Avoid margarine and hydrogenated oils;
- Increase your intake of omega-3 essential fatty acids found in flax oil, salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and trout;
- Take a perle of evening primrose oil daily for omega-6 oil, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA);
- Avoid white bread and refined flour;
- Avoid all diet sweeteners;
- Add fiber to your diet through fruits, raw veggies, nuts, seeds, legumes, and whole grains;
- Avoid pastries, doughnuts, French fries, chicken nuggets, candy, and sugar-free gum/condiments;
- Eat several small meals a day as opposed to three large meals;
- Reduce your intake of all colas and carbonated drinks;
- Supplement daily with a quality multi-vitamin and trace mineral from the health market;
- Supplement with extra vitamin C from ascorbic acid daily;
- Add other antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin E and selenium at least three to four times a week;
- Get plenty of rest and regular, mild exercise.
Hum, seems simple to me. Isn't this what our parents and grandparents did? Where did we go wrong?
Posted June 2011 | Permanent Link
Visit Dr. Hull's Websites & Online Programs
Other Articles In This Category
Online Hair Analysis Testing
Dr. Hull's Message Board
- Have something to say? Post a comment or discuss articles on Dr. Janet Starr Hull's Free Alternative Health Forum!