- Discover hidden toxins in your body with Dr. Hull's hair mineral analysis service.
Medication Side Effects for Gastrointestinal Agents
PEPCID AC (Famotidine)
Indications: Relief and prevention of heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach.
Interactions: Avoid with other acid reducers.
PEPCID COMPLETE (Calcium Carbonate-Magnesium Hydroxide- Famotidine)
Indications: To relieve heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach.
Warnings/Precautions: Not for use in those with trouble swallowing. Avoid use if allergic to other acid reducers.
Pregnancy: Safety in pregnancy and nursing not known.
PRILOSEC OTC (Omeprazole Magnesium)
Indications: Treatment of frequent heartburn (>2 days per week).
Contraindications: Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools.
Interactions: Caution with warfarin, diazepam, digoxin, antifungals, tacrolimus, and atazanavir.
ZANTAC (Ranitidine HCL)
Indications: Short-term treatment of active duodenal and benign gastric ulcers. Treatment and maintenance of erosive esophagus.
Warnings/Precautions: Do not exceed recommended infusion rates; bradycardia reported with rapid infusion. Caution with liver and renal dysfunction. Avoid use with history of acute porphyria. May cause false (+) urine protein tests. Granules and effervescent tablets contain phenylalanine.
Interactions: Increases plasma levels of triazolam. Monitor anticoagulants.
Reference: PDR, Monthly Prescribing Guide, November 2008. http://www.PDR.net
Posted June 2009 | Permanent Link
Visit Dr. Hull's Websites & Online Programs
Other Articles In This Category
- Videos on the Web - April 2011
- Cancer causing chemicals in cola - March 2011
- Downing diet soda tied to risk of premature birth - February 2011
- USDA Organic Label Standards Being Weakened by Lobbyists - January 2011
- Neotame - Hidden Danger in Holiday Food Supply - December 2010
Online Hair Analysis Testing
Dr. Hull's Message Board
- Have something to say? Post a comment or discuss articles on Dr. Janet Starr Hull's Free Alternative Health Forum!