- Discover hidden toxins in your body with Dr. Hull's hair mineral analysis service.
June's Healthy Recipe is from the DCI Cheese Company, and is a salad replete with digestive enzymes: Roasted Beet & Fennel Salad with Manchego Cheese.
Roasted Beet & Fennel Salad with Manchego Cheese
4 oz Manchego cheese
¼ tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
¼ tsp course ground pepper
8 cups baby spinach leaves
4 medium beets, peeled, thinly sliced and roasted*
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
½ cup raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette dressing
* To roast beets, lightly coat pan with Olive Oil; sprinkle with ¼ tsp ground pepper; place on baking pan and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F, or until tender, turning halfway through baking time.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese into 1x2 inch pieces;
2. Place half of the pieces on parchment paper-lined baking pan;
3. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper;
4. Bake 3-5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown around the edges;
5. Cool completely before removing from pan;
6. Place spinach, beets, and fennel in large bowl;
7. Pour dressing over greens, toss until coated;
8. Place equal amounts of salad onto 4 plates;
9. Top with remaining shaved cheese and tuck the baked cheese along the edge;
10. Serve immediately.
Serves:4; about 2 cups each
Prep Time:30 minutes
Total Time:50 minutes
Posted May 2012 | Permanent Link
Visit Dr. Hull's Websites & Online Programs
Other Articles In This Category
Online Hair Analysis Testing
Dr. Hull's Message Board
- Have something to say? Post a comment or discuss articles on Dr. Janet Starr Hull's Free Alternative Health Forum!