Salt is not only critical to your life, but it is one of the basic elements you need because your body is made from salt.
Every cell in your body is dependent on sodium because every cell in your body baths in salt water. Sodium is a brain nutrient, so natural forms of sodium are critical for brain health.
Without salt, you could not stay alive. Just taste a tear or your perspiration – it’s salty.
Your eyes and every cell in your body are saturated in saline.
Did You Know About Salt?
- Our bodies depend on salt as an essential chemical for ample functioning.
- Sea salt detoxes the body by cleansing the digestive track.
- Salt reduces gas and bloating.
- A warm sea salt soak can bring out toxins through your skin.
- Historically, salt was used as currency. During the War of 1812, soldiers received salt brine as payment, and Roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- Salt has been used throughout the ages as a ward against negative energies and evil spirits. Today people still throw a pinch of salt over their shoulder to ward off evil that may be behind their back.
- There are several Biblical references to salt.
- The word salary comes from the Latin world salarium, which means “payment in salt.”
- Primitive humans had no concerns about salt because they got their daily requirement of salt from consuming the blood of animals.
- Wars have been fought over salt, and many civilizations rose and fell in pursuit of what came to be called “white gold.”
- When the ability of salt to preserve food was first discovered, it changed society and opened the possibility to travel and carry food.
Avoid The Wrong Kind Of Salt
The manufacturing of foods, pre-packaged foods, and fast foods use the “wrong kind of salt”, and this is the problem with eating salt today. It is important to watch your daily intake of adulterated sodium/salt, so monitor the type of salt you use when eating out or eating pre-packaged foods.
I recommend using Himalayan salt, Celtic salt, Dead Sea salt, or any natural sodium sources when salt is used because it has not been altered in a laboratory.
Your body is like a little, walking ocean – keep it bathed in natural sodium!
If you want to learn more about healthy eating, contact me at janethull.com. Remember that you are never alone when you are looking for good health!
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. http://www.janethull.com/