Dear Dr. Hull,
My name is Eva, and I am 11 years old.
Thank you for your great information on aspartame poisoning.
My mom had aspartame poisoning for a while. After she figured out that she had aspartame poisoning, she got very knowledgeable about it, and so did I.
I try to tell as many people as I can about the dangers of aspartame. I am writing a paper about aspartame poisoning, and your book has given me some very good ideas for my paper.
It’s shocking to me how many kids eat and drink sugar free products. All the kids in my class chew sugar free gum and almost everyone drinks diet coke, and it’s painful to watch them eat poison.
It is scary that aspartame is in everything from medicine to food to toothpaste. I used to actually have headaches when I ate sugar free products, and now I won’t touch it with a ten foot pole!
I have surprisingly changed a few peoples lives. The kids in my math group and my best friend and her sister do not eat or drink aspartame anymore just because I told them about it. I also loaned your book, Sweet Poison, to my math teacher’s wife.
I have read that methanol in aspartame is toxic, but on an aspartame website, it says that we get more methanol in fruits than aspartame. Can you help me argue this point in my persuasive paper?
Reply From Dr. Hull
What an exceptional 11-year old you are!
You are so smart and wise. Our world will be a better place with such smart young people like you to become our leaders in the future.
Keep learning what you can about the dangers of aspartame and other toxic food chemicals. They are NOT put into our foods for the benefit of our health – they are put into our foods because the food manufacturers make lots and lots of profits – to make more money, they generate lesser quality foods using chemicals that they own.
Technically, no one should “own” a food. Nature puts food on our Earth for free – that’s they way it is supposed to be, anyway.
You forgot to send me the methanol link that you found, but I can answer your question anyway. The amount of methanol found in natural foods is never like a man-made form of methanol because methanol in nature is always found with other natural alcohols, such as ethanol.
They balance one another out, and cannot become toxic, like in peaches. But the methanol in aspartame is a manufactured form, and it does not have ethanol or the other forms of food alcohols to balance it.
So, it is a manmade chemical added to aspartame for the purpose of holding the other manufactured chemicals together. This is toxic and no animal would eat this other than a human. When other animals do eat or drink aspartame, they get sick.
This happens with all unnatural chemicals humans add to foods for the purpose of manufacturing profits – not for the purpose of the consumer’s health and nutrition. Greedy people want a profit over your health.
You will find that the toxic foods making people sick are those made by humans – not made by nature.
I hope this helps you. Good luck on your project, and keep up the good work.
If you want to learn more about health and disease prevention, contact me at janethull.com. Remember that you are never alone when you are looking for good health!
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. http://www.janethull.com/