B3 niacin. You’ll either love it or you’ll hate it.
Pure B3 causes your skin to tingle, but that’s the gift to your health. It tingles because it’s cleansing your blood, and leaving it more oxygenated.
I use B3 everyday for blood health, and it is an important part of my Detox Program.
You can avoid a scary niacin flush if you begin taking a low dose of 50 mg. on a slightly full stomach; then, you can gingerly increase by 50 mg. daily until you have an immediate flush; a flush within 5 minutes.
Do not panic if you turn red or your heart beats rapidly; it sounds alarming, but this is a positive sign that your blood is healthy and toxins are being removed.
Think about it – if you don’t have a reaction, then your blood may be thick with unhealthy fats and food chemicals.
Believe it or not, many people take as much as 500 mg. niacin three times a day until they break through their toxins and feel a burn. Look at this like you’re slowly chipping a hardened layer of old paint off an old wooden cabinet.
Here’s Some Tips
Here’s some tips to make your experience better: the less food you have in your stomach, the quicker the niacin will get into your bloodstream to do its work.
You might get a stomachache if you take niacin on an empty tummy, though, so judge for yourself what works best for you. Just know, the niacin is removing toxins from your blood whether you feel a flush or not.
Remember this general rule of thumb: if you have more toxins than niacin, you may not feel a burn through your skin. As you increase your daily niacin intake, you are increasing the amount of B3 in relation to your toxic load.
On the flip side, when you have more niacin than toxins present, you WILL feel the burn within 5 to 15 minutes after taking it.
More B3 Benefits
Niacin is not found in corn, and people on a corn-based diet are usually deficient in B3. In 1942, niacin was added to enriched flour and other commercially made products because of this deficiency.
Niacin is proven to offer these health benefits:
- regulates blood sugar levels;
- needed in the synthesis of sex hormones (hence, can increase your libido);
- detoxifies your body of drugs and chemicals;
- necessary for normal mental function; (chemical toxicity can alter your moods, cause phobias, and increase stress and anger);
- needed for red blood cell formation and blood circulation;
- lowers cholesterol and is a vasodilator;
- assists in the maintenance of skin, nerve, and blood vessels. (niacin can make your skin glow because it cleanses your pores)
Most do not know that B3 is involved in the normal secretion of bile and stomach fluids, and is needed for the production of hydrochloric acid, critical for proper food digestion.
Like the other B vitamins, B3 helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and protein.
People who are highly toxic or drink alcohol daily have an increased need for vitamin B3.
The elderly and people with hyperthyroidism also need higher doses of niacin because they typically do not metabolize the vitamin efficiently.
Niacin is found in:
• Brewer’s yeast
• Dandelion greens
• Wheat germ
Never Use Flush-Free Niacin
Never use time-released or flush-free niacin. I can’t understand why they sell these forms of niacin, other than securing profits by making sure people keep buying it if the flush scares them off.
Warning: B3 niacin that is NOT A PURE form is unhealthy for you because:
- if it isn’t pure, it has been altered in a laboratory;
- you cannot know how much you need if you do not judge by your flush;
- people tend to use too much because they aren’t flushing;
- too much of an unnatural form of niacin can stress your liver and can be toxic to your liver;
- pure niacin will activate immediately so you will know your degree of toxicity.
My Detox Instructions
- Supplement five (5) to seven (7) times a week with extra B3 (niacin) until you flush shortly after taking (individual doses will vary).
- Begin taking 50-100 mg. of niacin on a slightly full stomach (with a banana or a light snack). Increase by 50-100 mg. daily until a flush occurs (within 15 to 20 minutes).
- Do not panic if you turn red and your heart beats rapidly. This is a sign that your blood is cleansing and toxins are being removed.
- It is recommended to take niacin before working out, a hot bath or shower, during a sauna or steam bath, or at a time when your pores are open, and when your heart rate is naturally elevated.
- Children can take low doses of niacin (50 mg maximum) before a warm bath, before playtime, or before sleeping.
- Do not take more than 500 mg. pure niacin at one time; if you require more niacin to experience a flush, split the mg. into 3 daily doses, and do not exceed 750 mg. daily.
- Remain patient, and continue on this routine until a flush is felt, once you penetrate toxic layers coating your tissues, a flush will occur.
Remember that if you have more toxins than niacin, you may not feel a flush right away, but if you have more niacin in your blood as opposed to toxins in your blood, you will feel a timely flush.
Be cautious when taking more than 50 mg. of niacin if you are taking blood thinners or any blood pressure medications. If on medications, you may want to inform your medical doctor to let them know you are taking a niacin supplement. Don’t be surprised if your medical advisor is not familiar with niacin or the detoxification process, as most AMA medical schools do not recognize the importance of nutrition.
Carlson® pure B3 is what I use and is my #1 recommendation, and remember again to NEVER use flush-free forms of niacin, which are toxic to the liver.
I cannot stress enough how important B3 niacin is for good health, and beautiful skin.
If you want to learn more about healthy supplements, join my Inner Circle. Remember that you are never alone when you are recovering from an illness!
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more by joining my Private Inner Circle Membership Program. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. http://www.janethull.com/