Taking Your Blood Pressure The Wrong way
A Science Daily report revealed that more than 70 percent of health care workers fail to use the proper arm position established by the American Heart Association when taking your blood pressure.
This position calls for the elbow to be slightly flexed and held at heart level.
A University of California, San Diego, study found when subjects were seated with their arm perpendicular to their body, hypertension was recorded in 22 percent of the readings. But when the same subjects held their arm parallel to their body, 41 percent showed BP readings indicating high blood pressure.
high-protein, low-carb diets
A team of researchers from the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore revealed findings that a high-protein, low-carb diet could have big, positive ramifications for health – specifically children’s health.
New research strongly suggests that the Atkins Diet (or other popular variations on the low-carb/high protein theme) eliminates epileptic seizures in some children.
Look what you can do with an Alka-Seltzer®
- Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait 20 minutes, brush and flush.
- The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous China.
- Remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet – fill with water and drop in 2 Alka-Seltzer tablets.
- Drop 2 Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse your jewelry for 2 minutes.
- Clean an insulated bottle by filling the bottle with water, drop in 4 Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let it soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
- Unclog a drain by clearing the sink drain and dropping 3 Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of white vinegar. Wait a few minutes, and then run the hot water.
Cure for headaches?
Take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your forehead.
The throbbing should go away.
Fiber and Breast cancer
A research team from the University of Malmo in Sweden found that women who had the highest intake of dietary fiber were 40 percent less likely to develop breast cancer compared with those with the lowest fiber intake.
For women who combined a high fiber diet with a low intake of dietary fats, the risk dropped even more.
Children and Food Commercials
Studies show that children are exposed to over 20,000 commercials a year, watching a majority of commercials for unhealthy foods:
- soft drinks
- breakfast cereals
- fast-food restaurants
Over the past 20 years, these commercials have increased more than 55%.
Join my Private Membership Program
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more by joining my Private Inner Circle Membership Program. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.