You don’t have to sacrifice a good breakfast when you are on the run.
Here is a very filling morning smoothie that’s perfect for people in a rush in the morning.
(I have modified the recipe a little bit.)
Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana broken into chunks
- 14 frozen strawberries, or any berry of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweetener or choice (optional) – honey, stevia (lessen this amount), or raw sugar
- In a blender, combine milk, oats, fruit;
- Add vanilla and sugar, if desired;
- Pour and serve.
Tip: smoothies are a great morning breakfast for kids, and if you have young children or elderly parents who do not take their supplements very easily, you can break open a capsule and add their vitamins to a tasty smoothie.
Here’s to your health and your family’s health!
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.