Now that Spring is somewhat peeking its head around the corner (at least, here in Texas), I thought I’d share some homemade recipes for cookouts to brighten your day.
Here are two recipes for whipping up homemade mayonnaise and ketchup. No need to buy the store-bought brands that are filled with sugar and additives.
Fool-Proof Healthy Mayo
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of paprika
- 2 cups olive oil
- In a blender or a food processor, blend egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients for a couple of seconds and then SLOWLY drizzle the oil into the blender while mixing.
- If the oil is added too quickly, the mayonnaise will not emulsify or thicken. Take your time.
- Adjust to taste with lemon juice, paprika, and salt.
Homemade Ketchup in Just 2 Minutes
- 1 cup organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, and enjoy!
So, the next sunny day (or evening sunset), go outside and enjoy a family cook-out.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article. http://www.janethull.com/healthynews/.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.