Let’s spin how we look at rising cancer risks because there are ways to prevent getting cancer; ways to shrink malignant tumors, and ways to prevent cancer from ever coming back. Adopting a positive outlook is a good place to start with any issue.
Look at the glass half full as opposed to half empty, and believe in the power of self. Don’t view getting cancer as a mere flip of the coin.
I agree with the many medical researchers and health practitioners who acknowledge that if you have a healthy lifestyle, you can weave even more disease prevention into your everyday life, and never get cancer.
The first step to take is to believe it.
As many as 70% of known causes of cancers are avoidable and related to lifestyle. Diet, exercise, and a joyful outlook on life are your first lines of defense, and people are rediscovering many ways to live life without cancer.
When I was diagnosed with an incurable case of Grave’s disease in 1991, the first thing I did was put on my detective hat, and I learned everything that I could about the cause of my diagnosis. When I discovered the toxic history of aspartame (found exclusively in NutraSweet/Equal® at that time), I removed all aspartame from my life, and I cured myself.
I had a nutritional mentor who taught me about the causes of illness; I learned about the hair analysis and old-fashioned cures. I went on to write my books Sweet Poison, The Richardson Cancer Prevention Diet , and 10-Steps To Detoxification to help others begin their educational journeys on how toxins cause disease.
Do this for yourself and for your family, and prevent future diseases that you may never know you might have had, including cancer. If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, still hunt for the cause or causes, remove them, and take on the challenge to restore your health.
You can do this. Many people have. The hardest part is believing it, and convincing friends and family to believe it, too.
On my quest for health, I discovered Deepak Chopra’s work, and the ancient practices of Ayurvedic medicine. As an International Geographer and university professor, I teach about all cultures from around the world, so when I was researching Grave’s disease, I dug into the Ayurvedic principles with passion and vigor.
Here are five Ayurvedic herbs shown to inhibit cancer cell growth and slash your cancer risk.
- Ashwagandha: an herb also known as “Indian Ginseng” and “Queen of Ayurveda”; Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurvedic healing; it is an adaptogen, which means it is able to supplement the body’s ability to deal with stressors such as anxiety, fatigue, or trauma. Research shows that this herb helps to slow down the growth of cancer cells and inhibit the growth of tumor cells while protecting the “good” cells.
- Garlic is an amazing healing herb. There are numerous studies proving garlic’s ability to kill brain cancer cells without harming healthy cells.
- Green tea has been known for its antioxidant and healing benefits for centuries. The healing agent in green tea is epigallocatechin gallate or “EGCG,” which has been proven to treat pancreatic cancer, lower the risk of digestive system cancers in women, and shrink malignant tumors.
- Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory that soothes and heals the digestive tract, and this is why ginger is one of the best natural tools for the treatment of colon cancer. Many studies have shown that ginger is effective in destroying ovarian and prostate cancer cells; ginger also prevents these cells from building a resistance to allopathic cancer treatments.
- Turmeric is a popular Indian spice found to remedy many different ailments. The curcumin in turmeric root has been shown to cause colon cancer cells to literally self-destruct. Curcumin has also been shown to reawaken a key tumor suppressive gene, which can inhibit metastases, kill cancer cells, and prevent the re-growth of cancer stem cells.
These are some pretty powerful spices used in traditional Indian cuisine. Add them to your daily meals, and believe that you have the personal power to slash any cancer risk.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article. http://www.janethull.com/healthynews/.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.