We have so many laws and rules today, we are making criminals out of everyone, and this includes our children. Instead of making more rules and creating more laws to “contain” our children, let’s change the way we think about the next generation.
If you are ADD, then celebrate it because YOU can unleash your brilliance to teach your children how to use their energy to fix our broken world today. This is what I did.
I am sure that I would have been labeled ADD/ADHD if they had that “label” back in the 1960s when I was in elementary school. I am high energy, very smart, very quick, and I can spot a white-collar crook walking down the sidewalk. I taught my kids to be just as sharp, smart, and preceptive.
Today, most kids labeled with ADD/ADHD have been falsely labeled in order to “fit into” an antiquated and very off-track society. The growing number of ADD/ADHD kids is going to force social change whether we like it or not because these high-energy kids are innovators with insight, brilliance, and the drive to live life to the fullest; and this rubs against the system and our plethora of rules and laws. People don’t like change, and some people will do everything in their power NOT to change. This outlook must change.
What All Kids Are
At 11 -years old, Birke Baehr is brilliant and inquisitive, and he “gets it”, and he gets it FAST. Birke is not ADD/ADHD by any means, but I wonder how he would be “labeled” if he attended public school? Birke is home-schooled, and hence, no one is “containing” his energy; his brilliance is unleashed and he is free to question today’s world, to challenge the rules, to question antiquated, political decisions currently steering global societies in the wrong direction. Kids like Birke are tomorrow’s leaders and will bring much needed change. Birke is allowed to be who and what he is without social control. Birke is not forced into a mold. Hat’s Off to Birke’s parents and family.
I wonder how many brilliant kids have been wrongly labeled with ADD/ADHD, and forced onto pharmaceuticals so they can “sit still” in a boring classroom day after day?
Instead of being “trained” to perform for government tests like the SARS, TACS, TAAS, or TASP tests that the public schools use to quality for funding programs and government monies, Birke is learning about LIFE, and he’s tapping into the world as his classroom.
There is no test for a “true, worldly education”, and you cannot assess brilliance for government funding because the world’s classroom is too big.
Instead of eating sub-standard cafeteria lunches and vending machine junk food, the brightest kids are eating organic foods. As opposed to reading textbooks that are only allowed to address certain topics replete with incomplete history, tomorrow’s children are using the Internet, watching documentaries, and visiting libraries to rocket through the data young kids really want to know.
Kids like Birke are already world leaders, as seen in this video, Birke hit the bulls-eye exposing some of the most serious issues facing the future of mankind – issues that many adults don’t even understand. Kids today are smarter than the older generations, they are quick to “get” what’s really going on behind the scenes, and they are taking action to get their lives back into balance with the Earth. These are the kids labeled with mainstream learning disorders.
Balderdash. DROP the labels, and as adults, let’s learn from what these kids are telling us old farts.
Tips To Unleash The Brilliance In ADD/ADHD Kids
Here are some suggestions that you can begin today:
- Use the World Wide Web For Education – modern kids use the web for a time-warped information download, so use the web as a classroom to provide the global information special kids seek for their “data base.” The web is the best educational classroom out there, so let your special child get their GED and their college degrees off the web, and they’ll start their own businesses on the web. THIS is the speed that their brains are going, so let them fly with it. As a parent using good parental mentoring, guide them onto the educational websites at an early age, and teach them to avoid the “traps” of the dicey websites – they’ll get the point, and quickly.
- Let Kids Process the Information That’s Out There In THEIR Own Way – don’t force antiquated ways on these kids. They see the world as it really is, which is very different from how the present generation interprets the world today. Religions, prejudices, governments, and corporations have twisted our modern perceptions, and this is stopping the true evolution of mankind – these kids KNOW this, and they reject the politicians, the corporations, and the mainstream media that strive to resist change.
- Let Go Trying To Control – let these future world leaders make the changes that are so badly needed. Change starts with a reality check – these kids are already there.
- Feed Your Kids Anytime They Are Hungry – high energy kids are always hungry because their metabolism remains high. If you keep them properly fed, they won’t act out. They are merely hungry for fuel, which keeps them steady-state. The key to this, however, is to feed them whole foods. NEVER feed a high energy child junk food or diet chemicals because these special kids require the Highest-Octane fuel – the best food and nutrition that you can supply. If your child is winding up – feed him/her. And watch how they behave after eating a healthy snack as opposed to a snack of junk food and diet chemicals. As Birke says in his video, paying for high quality, organic food is cheaper than a hospital visit and a dependency on pharmaceutical drugs.
- Focus On The Right Things – teach your child to spend less time focused on the plethora of information that is nice to know and more time on things that we ALL need to know. This means that the time spent on Facebook, texting, and watching mainstream television is replaced with documentaries, community activities, trips to museums, art galleries, the library, and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Stay Open-minded and Direct – high-energy kids focus on the quality of information, rather than the quantity. These kids are very direct in what they ask people, in the answers they provide, and how they communicate. ADD/ADHD kids do NOT mince words – they quickly get what’s going on, and they are ready to move on.
- Complete Every Task/Goal – train the high-energy learner to complete each task that they begin. ADD/ADHD kids have a tendency to finish about 80% of a task or goal before they become distracted, so it is very important to teach them to “follow it through to completion.” They will have to learn patience to do this, so make sure their goals start small; then they can reach competion quckly. They will want to work on a task as fast as they can, so merely train their minds to go all the way to the end.
- Single-Tasks – ADD/ADHD kids are NOT multi-taskers, so don’t expect them to be. These kids keep their minds focused on one issue at a time, and their goal is to complete that task quickly. Our old ways of doing things don’t fit these special kids, so let them accomplish their goals in their own ways because they WILL get it done – faster and better than the past generations. It takes a special child a split second to figure out a situation, design the solution, resolve the issues, and then be done with it.
- Provide Downtime – because ADD/ADHD kids are in high gear most of the time, make sure they spend part of the day disconnected from the stimulus around them. Provide time to switch off e-mail, telephones, texting, television, and the web. Your ADD child will learn to focus on being still while listening to music, reading, painting, gardening, or playing ball with the dog. This is NEVER to be used as punishment, but is a daily lesson designed to teach your active child that it feels good to take a break inside “the quiet” of life. It teaches them – and you – to concentrate (even for a short period of time) on one thing at a time. Relaxation is something none of us do well these days, so don’t get angry because your super-star hasn’t learned how to have some quality down time.
- Watch for Addictions – ADD/ADHD kids are up in the clouds most of time, so they are susceptible to addictions that “keep them anchored” in this world. Know that they have tendencies to become highly addicted to things that keep them rooted on the ground, so encourage addictions to healthy things like exercise and sports, the arts, helping others, working with pets, writing, or music. Provide your high energy child with productive and healthy “anchors.”
- Turn ADD Into OCD – OCD plays by the rules, and these are great guidlines for ADD/ADHD kids. OCD characteristics resonate with completion, perfection, order, fairness, and no chaos. When a high energy child is taught these guidelines at an early age, they will figure out how to channel their energy into very neat, constructive, and well organized compartments. THIS manifests the BEST of both worlds.
ADD/ADHD kids are our future leaders when taught to control the extreme energy behind their brilliance. Don’t shame them. Don’t shut them down. Don’t drug them. Teach them how to become the leaders that this generation doesn’t want to accept or understand.